Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Our V-cation





























We woke up Friday and packed the van, we headed to St. George (Hurricane to be exact). The kids were super excited! To Madi & Hannah, this was a real "v-cation" (that is how they pronounce it). I was surely hoping that they'd sleep during the 4 hour drive... I was so wrong! Who could sleep during our drive to the v-cation, what was I thinking?! The first stop was for gas, juice and doughnuts! Every little thing we did; was to them the most exciting thing in the world! It made it fun! A few hours later we had to stop for a potty break and a snack! The girls are really into sleeping beauty at this moment and at right at their eye level... in the gas station... was a Sleeping Beauty magnetic "paper doll" toy. The next words out of their little mouths were... Can we get one??? (as they're staring at me with their HUGE eyes!) I agreed..OR I THINK I SAID "well, I guess"... and unknown to me was the price! Well, we get to the register and HOLY COW!!!... $9.00 a pop... I spend $20.00 on 2 paper dolls. But like my mom said "It kept them occupied"!

When we arrived at the trailer, it was all smiles! We got things set up, and went bowling! It was quite fun to watch Mckayla "huck" the ball down the lane as RJ and I attempted to "teach" her how to do it "the right way". (as if we're experts... Dad if you read this, I used the whole follow through with your thumb in the air technique!) I think this just made her more peeved, after all.. she's in the pre-teen stages and god forbid she listen to us! The little ones didn't let us help either. We'd carry their ball to the lane and they'd make sure we were off of the wood floor before they'd roll their ball! To them, it wasn't our turn and we had to sit and wait for our turns! Watching and waiting for the ball to inch it's way to the pins was pure joy! After a while, we just took a few of their turns for them, they didn't notice! :) They were too interested in riding the Cow and Horse machines!
Saturday we drove up to Zions. We walked around the different trading posts and stores, all to purchase 3 bags of rocks! And that was another one of those "They're how much?" moments! $7.00 for each bag of rocks... seriously! Then what $60.00 for a new vacuum when I suck one up on accident??? LOL We weren't prepared for a hike, so just had a picnic! It was a nice afternoon. The kids were just dying to go swimming so we found an aquatic center that was GREAT! It had tonz of different things for the kids, and RJ (He's like a kid)... water shooting out of everything, a HOOGE (huge) twisty slide, diving boards and more. Madi said that was her favorite part of the v-cation! We ate at the Pizza Factory for dinner and then took a visit with my grandparents in the evening. It was nice to see them.

Anyway... Sunday was the drive home. It was nice and quite, still no sleeping except Mckayla who can't stay awake in a car for anything! She falls asleep with in 5 minutes of getting in the car. A trip to the grocery store is a nap for her! Weird-o!

(Even through my sarcasm, I had a WONDERFUL time with my husband and girls!)
All in all... we can't stop thinking of when we can take our next v-cation to the trailer!

2 comments:

  1. Very fun! I would have bought the paper dolls too. Your supposed to spend money on vacays. I want another v-cation. My next v-cation will be hospital related. Atleast I will have drugs. :)

    You can post comments on my blog by looking at the very bottom of the post, you will see the words that say "0 comments" or "3 comments." (However many comments I happen to have). From there, you can leave me a comment or two. Hope that helps! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! We need to have a v-cation together! Miss you guys!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete